Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Introducing:Sister Dooley!

Hello THEA 141 students, and welcome to our Behind the Scenes blog! Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the Blogger platform by writing an introduction about yourself with a picture. Be sure to include the label "intro" and a personalized tag just you will use, like your name.

Always double check your work before publishing. Check that your spelling, punctuation, grammar are correct and of course make sure your content is appropriate for fellow students, teachers, future employers, grandma's.

Mother, Learner, Surfer. Introducing Sis. Dooley!
I can't believe I am the mother of 4 children ages 11-18! Time has flown by so much faster than I ever imagined it could. My oldest son just left for his mission and my baby is in 6th grade-- her last year of elementary school-- at Laie Elementary. Growing up, when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said, "A mother". I have thoroughly enjoyed this lifelong career.

I love learning. I am always trying new things and my favorite thing to read is non-fiction. Yep! I know I'm weird. Some of the things I have taught myself to do over the years include: baking perfect chocolate chip cookies and home-made bread; maintaining roses, grape vines, and now tropical flora; remodeling houses and refinishing wood floors; budgeting and pinching pennies. My newest venture is learning how to tune a piano.

I love gardening and sewing and surfing. Surfing is a new skill I learned just a few years ago. It took me 2 months of dedicated strength training and practice to ride my first wave unassisted. I try to get out at least three times a week with my husband, kids, friends, or even by myself. I am currently teaching myself how to cross-step and walk on my board.

I am looking forward to working on Mary Poppins and the Importance of Being Ernest this semester. I think it will be a fun and challenging venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment