Friday, May 22, 2015

Lab hours 3

Today one of the characters for the play came in to try out her outfit. Abigail is one of the followers. She wanted to be a Raccoon.  I also worked on Mrs. Beaver's costumer, added left over brown fur from Mr. Beavers shirt material. I had to sew the brown fur around the sleeve and neckline.  There was check match on top of the dress that Mrs. Beaver was wearing that kept falling off from her shoulder.  I had to sew that portion up to making it more fitting so it don't fall.   For this sewing I used the needle to stitch it up and for the sleeves and neckline I used the sewing machine.  It was difficult to sew around the sleeve and neckline using the sewing machine because the material was thick and there were more than one layer of the binding around the neckline.  The sleeves were good flow.  The dress is still incomplete with the binding of the fur around the edges of the dress.  I had to start with those two parts because that was the first areas that we wanted to be adjusted but than it would look even beautiful if we continue to add it around the edges of the dress. Below is the picture of the dress.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment