Saturday, May 9, 2015

Lab Journal, Vasiti Cava


Today (Tuesday) during class time I observe Sister Dooley take measurements for the characters for the play.  Sister Dooley told me that I will have to take measurements for the other characters as they come in during my lab hours.  I started helping her out with writing the figures for the characters measurements.I was amazed on how detailed were the measurements for their outfits.  Even though not all the parts were needed for their costume but it was good to know them .  I was able to learn something new about the waist, hip and the arm length measurements.  The picture below shows the measurements I took for one of the characters.










Apart from taking measurement I had to take the actresses up to the costume room to look up some outfits that would have some character features of their character.  Great learning experience trying to put a animal character features into normal dress outfits and visualizing how the character will look like in the costume.  I am having hard time trying to do this cross matching but its great fun. Another one is the costume fitting and adjustments, the use of pins to mark where the adjustment is needed.  I am enjoying the company and supervision of Ingrid and Sister Dooley.  This picture is one of our characters in the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment